View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 11:31 AM   #2162
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Yeah, Microsoft had to admit in the court filings that Game Pass was killing purchases. It's not surprising of course.

I haven't purchased anything on Xbox in years either. Nevermind the lack of exclusives but it just doesn't even feel good when you think about a potential purchase and remember that there is a game pass.

"You'll own nothing and be happy."
Do you buy blu-rays of every movie and tv show you watch, or still buy physical CD's for all the music you listen to? Gaming seems to be the last medium where a segment of the fans really want to hang on to a traditional library.

Everything is going to streaming and subscrpition, its inevitable. Most people don't care too much about owning a copy of the media, they consume it and move on to the next thing.

I don't even game these days so I recognize I'm totally a casual in this space now -- but subscriptions would not bother me one bit.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994

Last edited by Igottago; 04-12-2024 at 11:33 AM.
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote