View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #9257
shutout
First Line Centre

Exp:

Time to make some significant core changes to the team, because they are seriously lacking any kind of drive and character. Coach needs to go, but this is beyond the coach this is lack of caring in the dressing room.

Going off the premise that the Flames over paid for Hamonic last year, lets assume that this summer he is only worth a first and a third round draft pick. I would think that Brodie is worth about the same as Hamonic, so we would be able to get a first and third for him as well.

Its a given that we need to let go of (release/buyout) the following so that they are not on the roster next year. Stajan, Versteeg, Brouwer, and Hathaway.

I think that it would probably cost us a first round pick for Nyquist so maybe that is part of a three way deal for Brodie or Hamonic that the first goes to Detroit for Nyquist. Unless they would make the deal for the defenseman.

The other right wing depth that we bring in is Kapanen from the Leafs. THN FW has him rated higher than Fox, though I think that Fox is worth more, and I would rather give up Kylington, the ranking of defensemen prospects is somewhat subjective. Kapanen for Fox deal.

There is only one player that I would not trade in the organization and that is Tkachuk. But somewhere in this new leadership group there needs to be change. I am going to suggest that we move out Monahan.

So what if we added onto the Leafs deal. Monahan and Fox for Marner, Kapanen, and a fourth. Lets Leafs drop Kadri to the third line checking where he belongs. Lets them move on from Bozak. Puts Monahan as a second line center where he belongs. Gives them so more cost certainty.

Provides the Flames with some more forward offensive depth and makes some changes to the middle age leadership of the team that is seriously lacking.

Rough lines for next year would be

Gaudrea Bennett Nyquist
Tkachuk Backlund Marner
Frolik Jankowski Kapanen
Klimchuk Shore Lazar Mangiapane

Kulak Hamilton
Giordano Andersson
Kylington Stone
Wotherspoon

Smith Rittich

Out: Monahan, Brodie, Hamilton, Brouwer, Stajan, Versteeg, Hathaway, Stewart
In: Nyquist, Marner, Kapanen, 1st, two 3rds, 4th

Getting rid of Gulatzen is the next step.
Tim Hunter, Sheldon Keefe, Kirk Muller, Dan Bylsma