View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 04:46 PM   #26
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I have not been impressed with Stringer. I saw him a few times last year and thought he stuck out in a bad way. I chalked it up to nerves of being the young kid joining a team late in the year.

Once again this year, I'm just not impressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Yeah it's somewhat odd. He's really good for a 16 year old, but he's not "play him on your top line in a game 7 when he's just 15 years old good" which is exactly what Kisio did in last years playoffs.

They are treating him like he's at Cozens level, and I just don't see it. Hopefully it pays off for the next few seasons.
I have watched Stringer a lot over the last four years. Other then his work and effectiveness on the PK under Mike Dyck, he never really did a lot to impress, except put up points. He is not a good skater, his hands are okay, not physical, is neither really a great playmaker or a great finisher. He is however the least noticeable point per game player you will ever see, he works his can off, has quite the touch around the net and has hockey sense that is off the charts, and character to match it, as a teenager he has battled and overcome more then any of us could imagine He is always in the right place at the right time and currently still a 16 year old in a 19 year old league.