View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 06:21 AM   #26
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
Canada actually played better than I thought they would. Still error ridden and an example of a completely gutted program that hasn't taken a forward step in ages, but still some glimpses of good rugby that hasn't been seen in a while. But going from a game that should have been won four years ago (some costly errors aside, I'll blame the reffing) to a convincing bonus point loss that could have been worse is a testament to how Canada has regressed rather than Italy's improvement, unfortunately.

As for this England/USA game, I absolutely hate that England's alternate kit is red and blue and the US is in almost all white. It's messing with my mind this early.
Canada was way better than Italy years ago. The difference was when Italy entered the six nations though. Sure, they got destroyed for a while, but over time they've improved. Canada on the other hand has faced a steady decline. I think there are a lot of factors. We (people who are players or pay for players) pay a whack of cash to Rugby Canada each year and that money seemingly goes to build a fancy facility in BC or tour our sevens players around the world. Our men's 15's players seem to largely play for low division clubs around the world and come to the national team in not game ready shape. It must be incredibly frustrating to be Tyler Ardron: the first Canadian to play Super Rugby and come back home to play with this team!

I think Canada needs a serious conversation about how they approach the game though and a changing of the guard. Some of these players have been there an awfully long time and it's a little bizarre that there is apparently no new blood to come in. Oh well, easy game against New Zealand up next!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote