View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 12:45 AM   #3073
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
Have to wonder if this will be the year that finally breaks McDavid. He’ll probably still win the scoring race but I honestly believe their defence and goaltending are the worst it’s been in a long time... and that’s saying a lot. So that leads to the potential of another year where the team puts up 4+ goals per game and still loses.

McDavid will be playing 27+ minutes per game in a condensed schedule. He’ll be burnt out. To top it off, there will be no fans to cheer him on. Only the anchors they call depth players to cheer for him while he and Draisaitl drag them around every game. None of this sounds like he will have much fun.

Another miss of the playoffs and I believe that’s it. He’ll be past half-way through his big contract by the end of this year. He’ll be asking for a trade. It’s not like anyone would blame him for wanting out. Even oiler fans would have to understand by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally if I was Holland I'd be sitting Conna down and saying, you know we pay you 8 figures a year to do more then scoring right? Or trying to win individual awards right? This coasting and flyby defensive play is garbage, half the time you play like you don't care if you don't have the puck on your stick.

Part of the problem with the Oilers is leadership, and it felt like they got over confident with what they did last year, when on reflection looked like a fluke.

Yeah, I mean Holland hasn't done a good job of building a team, that lineup 5-12 and their blueline is trash, their goaltending is trash. But then again he was stuck with a team that wasted draft picks at a blistering pace.

I mean it was a typical Oilers game, McDavid without the puck, disinterested. The Leon made an incredibly bone headed play because frankly he was thinking glory. The Blueline was terrible, the bottom 6 didn't get any kind of ice time, and Koskinen couldn't make a big save when he needed it.

I think Oiler fans will wrap themselves in a blanket of insecurity and try that the league is out to get them, and that there should have been 20 more penalties for the Oilers. But the guys that let them down tonight were all on the ice in jersey's designed by a color blind 5 years old, and they were lead to their demise by Conna and Leo.

Oh and if Nurse is your top pairing guy, you're screwed.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: