View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #49
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I think you would be an outlier if you ranked him 7th. Personally, I think there are 8 forwards clearly ahead of him. Then you can rank Ryan, Leivo, Simon, Lucic, an Nordstrom however. He is somewhere in that group. For me, maybe 10th. I doubt many people (if any) would rank him 13th.

As for Mackey, I don't see him getting game action unless the injuries mount. He is probably #8 right now. And I think he is still a ways from being able to supplant any of the top 6.
In no order — Gaudreau, Tkachuk, Lindholm, Monahan, Backlund, Mangiapane.... that's six. Then I slot in Ryan. Dube has the potential but hasn't shown it consistently yet, same with Bennett. They could both pass him this year but they haven't yet. Lucic is in that group too, along with Leivo, but Ryan has been consistently better at both ends of the ice than any of those four (Dube, Bennett, Lucic, Leivo).

In terms of value as an asset? Totally different story. Bennett, Dube, and Leivo zoom ahead. But Ryan is the seventh-best forward IMO and I don't really see much competition. 67 points in 159 games in Calgary while being one of the best defensive players on the team.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: