View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 08:57 AM   #46
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
I canceled my subscription, but if you hired Darren Haynes, I’d resubscribe.

Tell more stories. My biggest issue with writers like Kent is that it’s like a masters thesis. I’m inundated with numbers, but the actual writing is lacking. No story telling. Hopefully he can learn some things from Eric. D’Arcy actually does a good job of mixing the two.

I’d apply myself if it wasn’t for the two little people I take care of and the fact the Flames organization at the moment has kind of lost me as a fan.
Yes. Stats should be used to support an argument, they shouldn't be the argument.

There is far too much grey matter in hockey for stats to be definitive. Yet so many articles today are simply a collection of stats that are attempting to create the argument: player/team A is better than player/team B because X. Not only are the conclusions drawn from those arguments unjustifiable on their own (see grey matter), but, as kermitology mentioned, the writing style is boring and one dimensional.

The trend to this 'analytics' style of writing does nothing for me, and I am sure as hell not going to pay for it. I want to see more articles about the players, more insight, more breakdown of video on set plays and strategies, and more behind the scenes stuff. I can get stats myself.

Oh, I would like to add one more point: never make the mistake that Sportsnet makes and have a guy like Spector providing Flame content. I would rather have no content than a thinly veiled piece from an Oiler homer, pretending to be an insider, and pretending to be unbiased. Integrity matters.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: