View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #53
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It's my personal feeling that when you are the highest paid player on the team and supposedly their best player that coming into camp out of shape sets a poor example. There's really no excuse and it reaffirms all the negatives we have heard about Kessel in the past. Say what you want about Phaneuf but he badly wants to be the 'guy' as he's always in top shape and tries to be a leader. He's not good enough on the ice and off but it's not for lack of effort. It appears Kessel doesn't even care. Just wants to score his 40 goals and have a nice relaxing summer.
i tend to agree.

that being said, he's arguably the fastest skater, at least first 5 stride explosive speed player in the entire NHL. Given that, does it matter if he's got baby fat? Kessel gets hated on too much. i'm not a fan of his or anything, but having to watch leaf games living out here, he's an offensively gifted player who gives your team 35 goals and 70ish points a game. do note that is with tyler bozak as his center!

really, he's like patrick kane, except that kane has toews and other leaders that take charge of the team, such that he isn't in the spotlight in that realm. Kessel is on a roster where it's only him and phaneuf.

He is similar in nature to kane.. Dynamic players, but only in one dimension, and with character/leaderhip skills that are likely questionable at best if looked at in isolation.

Last edited by bubbsy; 09-18-2014 at 09:57 AM.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote