View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #38
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-hole View Post
This fervent disagreement is a good thing. It shows depth in my opinion. Despite having our elite group of young players already graduated (Gaudreau / Monahan / Bennett up front and Brodie / Hamilton in the back), we have a really strong group of next-tier prospects that should keep a youthful suffusion of talent incoming for the next little while.

Went Klimchuk, but could definitely make a case for Hickey, Wotherspoon, Granlund, the two Swede Ds, and even McDonald.
Absolutely. As far as rebuilds go I would say the Flames have completed phase 1, which is the establishment of a good young core. With Brodie, Hamilton, Monahan, JG, and Bennet we have, in my opinion, an elite young core that should be able to carry this franchise on their talent.
Phase 2, once our core has been signed, is Cap management that is helped greatly by the addition of cheap servicable players on ELC's and bridge deals. It would be great if some of the guys we are arguing over now become stars but I doubt any of them will, and the best part is none of them have to. Swapping Jankowski in for Stajan, or Hickey in for Wideman is key, and what will allow the Flames to remain competitive and below the cap. Our group of servicable second tier prospects that can be cheaply inserted into the lineup is one of the organizational strengths right now, it's also something a team like the Oilers doesnt have that will end up hurting them.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post: