View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #23
MBates
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

You called for AMA service and the driver attended under those contract conditions. He commenced providing the service under those conditions (according to your story, the 'options' we're not presented until your vehicle was on the truck and you were en route home). He then convinced you to take a step seriously to your detriment and significantly to his benefit by giving you a statement of his opinion that you would be better served (easier to have one contact etc) and also his opinion that you would have insurance coverage (which he could not possibly know).

I would look at the provisions of the Alberta Fair Trading Act. It is broad consumer protection legislation that allows you to void a contract arrived at through an unfair practice. On its face it appears to me the driver may have committed multiple unfair practices. You cannot contract out of the act's protections...so your 'agreement' to his suggestions would not matter.

Service Alberta has Fair Trading Act investigators and caseworkers who will very likely assist you sorting this out. I would contact them ASAP:

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/...-practices.cfm
MBates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MBates For This Useful Post: