View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #56
MarkGio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempuki View Post
It means if you don't know what you're talking about, your criticisms are not much better than noise.

Criticise away -- but until you have some understanding of what's going wrong, I know I'm not interested. Hell even rumors of dissatisfied former goalies would be something to hang a hat on...
Meh, that's not how business works. A high level manager has very little knowledge of the details in all the employees under him/her (unless they are a bad micromanager) but nevertheless, people get terminated all the time for whatever reason. Maybe its personality based, maybe its performance based. Maybe its cutting costs or restructuring. The point is, if my owner gave me an objective, and its not met, regardless if my boss didn't quite hear me out or understands the particulars, chances are I still get fired. What boss is ever understanding?

Sigalet's objective is to coach the goalies under his scope so that the goalies may improve the organization. That is deduced by the reasonable knowledge that 1) the organization wishes to improve at every position, 2) Sigalet is assigned to the goalie position. So far there hasn't been many successful examples of improvement at the goalie position. Despite many assets, such as scouts, draft picks, and prospects being put into the goalie position over the years.
MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote