View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 10:13 AM   #278
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegee View Post
I assume my son will make Peewee AA next year so there is no need to travel to Calgary and Beiseker for practices whereas Olds is 10 minutes north.

We did HSL this year as I was suspecting he would be a last cut as a first year. There is only one or two first year kids on the AA club this year.

HSL has been much better competition for my son than Tier 1 CAHL would have been. I ran a holiday 3on3 for our team to fundraise and so HSL fee wise for me has been the same cost as community, and saved trying out in Airdrie. Our HSL decision had to be made in the spring, far before the tryout process began for AA clubs.

I hope that doesn't make me sound arrogant. That's not my intent. A small part of me wants him to stay in HSL as I've enjoyed our weekends off. If he stayed with his HSL team, he would also enter Bantam Prep (modified contact - no open ice hits) next year as an underage. He's got size to him.

Most importantly though, my son wants to tryout for AA this year. Last year he wanted to do HSL. Largely, I leave it up to him.
Do what you feel is best for your son.

I hope it works out.

I was just wondering as I haven't heard any feedback on the HSL. I know a few families that did it but haven't had the chance to speak to them.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote