View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #90
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
It depends. Are you a "shut up and play" type?

If so, then yeah, you're a redneck. You say you're not, and that's great, but the people who got so up in arms over it are rednecks. That's what it is.

And you basically are saying he should flush the money because you're implying that if he takes money from a collusion settlement, that he's not pure in his intentions. Even though his intentions were directed at a completely different issue.

The NFL ####ed up, they paid the price, he'd be dumb not to take it.
I’ve already stated twice how I felt about his kneeling.

And no what I’m saying is if he wants to stand up for injustices against minorities . He should start in his own court with the alleged opression he received in his work place. He has already profited from his activism, he doesn’t have much to lose if he actually has a case in order to push the issue and make the NFL admit it.

See what you have wrong is that this settlement doesn’t tell us they ####ed up. We can all speculate but it will never be disclosed. That’s the reason why I don’t take him accepting the settlement in favorable light. It doesn’t prove they were wrong. Kap just gets paid and it all goes away now. People can speculate wether it’s cause they actually did collude or not but there will never be any admission.

So do I think Kap is a POS person? No. Do I think he’s a role model? Also No. he gets held to a higher standard because he chose to put himself in the limelight. I look at guys like Daniel Carcillo ( who oddly enough I don’t really agree with a lot of what he has to say otherwise) who once a settlement was offered by the NHL to the players in a similar fashion as this NFL one (albeit a lot less money like I also mentioned earlier) he and a few other core members of the lawsuit said they would not accept it unless it came with admission of guilt. I respect that. And again I respect Kap less because he portrays that he’s someone who wants to bring accountability but then when he had a chance he chose to take the money and go.

I’ll leave it with another quote and this will be my last post on the issue. People obviously already have their minds made and I feel like I’ve made my point as well as I can.

Quote:

“People don’t realize what’s really going on in this country. There are a lot of things that are going on that are unjust. People aren’t being held accountable for. And that’s something that needs to change. That’s something that this country stands for: freedom, liberty and justice for all.” – Colin Kaepernick

“I’ll never take the easy way out.” – Colin Kaepernick

“Seeking the truth, finding the truth, telling the truth and living the truth has been and will always be what guides my actions.” – Colin Kaepernick
So to me you want to accept awards and give big media speeches saying these kind of things and present yourself a role model and a man of principals. Yeah I’m going to call BS on you when you sign a lucrative deal to end your beef with the NFL when you had alledged they purposely colluded to keep you out of your job because you were a black man not towing the company line. Wether that was his original issue or not. You wanna choose to live by the sword then sometimes you gotta die by it.

Last edited by Patek23; 02-17-2019 at 09:42 PM. Reason: I’m bad at grammar :(
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote