View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #263
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

what's there to get excited about this time? bigger/brighter/higher resolution screen? faster processor? better camera?

I've stopped even paying attention to hardware. it's like during the era of Super NES, Genesis, 3DO, Jaguar etc, where they tried to make it about the number of bits the processor was. it's the same thing now...hardware barely matters now compared to what the software can do.

Google's recent work in computational photography (e.g. Night Sight), AR navigation, AI call screening, etc. are so much more exciting than the latest Snapdragon chip. and it's stuff that will improve the smartphone experience for more than just those with this year's latest hardware release.

if Samsung comes out and announces that Bixby will now automatically know what I feel like for dinner and order it so it arrives exactly as I come home from work, then I'll be intrigued. privacy be damned, I want my life to be made easier by technology, and the shiny smartphone by itself isn't going to be enough.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote