View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:19 AM   #605
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I said it before in a post and I will say it again, when the situation is even remotely reversed between men and women and it's the females who's jobs and hard working careers are threatened its interesting to see the reactions.

Case in my point I was at a corporate event on Wed evening and the service staff at the bar/lounge was really busy. The two male bartenders were helping out with the serving of beverages and food. Well let's just say that the women who were at my table had some sexually charged chatter about the bar staff.

I guess the chocolate moose wasn't nearly as "tasty" as the two lads working the event and the little pocket sized mirror was being passed around so that "I can freshen my lips up so he has somewhere comfortable to sit down" These are direct quotes.

The chatter amongst the girls was about on par with what you would expect from a bunch of guys out and who are checking out the hot waitresses. These are direct quotes I used too.

When I pointed out, to frame a general point, that in 2017 this level of "filth" shouldn't be tolerated in a workplace environment and if I was their manager, some jobs may be in jeopardy. All hell broke loose after that, there was all sort of talk about how hard they had all worked to be where they were and the level of sexual harassment they had to endure to get where they were etc etc. I guess the gist of it was if your on the receiving end of the harassment than your allowed to dish it out but only if your a gal and that sometimes things are "just a little joke" until well, they aren't a joke if the female is offended and than we need to go though 75 steps to ensure that a comment isn't ever uttered again that may offend someone again.

The irony of this little attack I was on the receiving end from the ladies was, in essence a joke. I don't believe anyone female should lose their job for telling a bunch of work friends that the hot bartender is.......hot. I fully expect though that if I ever freshen up my face for the waitress to have somewhere clean to sit down on at a corporate event, instead of Calgary Puck's website, I would probably be on Service Canada's EI website.
curves2000 is online now   Reply With Quote