View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 09:34 PM   #498
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Ongoing Comic Books Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
There doesn’t seem to be too much in good condition but a quick google search says this one is decent

I guess best bet is just to take it into a shop and maybe do a quick search to give me an idea of value before hand

They are from the 60’s-70’s. Lots of weird ones I’ve never heard of (Kid Colt Outlaw?), Archie’s but definitely some DC and Marvel ones too. Looks like some have been stamped by the store they were bought at too.

I spent some time discussing this with some local shops when I dug out my old collection, and they said guides are “ok” for pricing, but they also go by completed eBay sales. Guides list a price range, but doesn’t mean any are moving for that price. Was there a recent or pending movie with that character, etc, and does that trigger a flood of sales. Also a big difference if you get it CGC certified, and that is only worth it at a certain price point. Think it costs something like $25 each, so the comic has to be worth more than $25 uncertified before you consider it, but it can make a huge difference on more valuable comics. Do you sell each individually, auction a block, etc. Much more complicated than I was hoping it would be.

Quick look says this one could fetch some $$$ since it had several bids.

Last edited by Brendone; 11-19-2022 at 09:37 PM.
Brendone is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendone For This Useful Post: