View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 09:28 PM   #490
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

My two year (and counting) long quest to read my backlog of digital and physical comics is ongoing.

I’ve read a bunch of stuff recently, Star Wars Legacy about Luke’s great, great grandson (or whatever, maybe I missed a grand in there). It was not bad. Plus Crimson Empire, Infinites and a couple other SW titles I picked up on the cheap a while ago. All were decent. None were amazing.

Finished Donny Cates Venom, at least all the volumes I owned. Up to issue 200. It’s solid throughout.

The highlight though is Jonathan Hickman’s X-Men. Wow is it ever good. I’m only about 3/4 done House of X/Powers of X and I’m already blown away.

As usual for Hickman it’s grand, ambitious, heady sci-fi that can at times be confusing as #### but is engaging and a page turner. Best of all its mind blowing, like all his stuff. I can’t decide if I feel smarter reading his stuff or feel dumb because he’s clearly on another plane of existence than I am. His ideas are all so big and complex and just downright fascinating. I cannot recommend this enough.

I only have the 12 issues of House and Powers of X plus X-Men vol 1 but I’ll be buying everything else he wrote as part of his X-Men relaunch as soon as marvel has their next digital X-Men sale. It’s amazing.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote