View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 03:56 PM   #481
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Manhattan Projects by Jonathan Hickman. This is peak Hickman. Weird, kinda confusing, heady sci-fi. It’s about, you guessed it, the Manhattan Project but not the one we know from history. This one is way more ####ed up. Murder, cannibalism, portals to other multiverses, aliens, robots, etc. 6 volumes, about 30 issues. But it was never finished so it just kind of ends mid story. No cliffhanger or anything but no real resolution.

The Omega Men by Tom King. Sort of a war in Iraq allegory but with Kyle Rayner and some other DC planets involved. Oppressors, rebels, galactic slavery. Solid all around. Albeit not the most optimistic work. Little bit of a downer.

Doomsday Clock. Geoff Johns Watchmen follow up. Good but not amazing. As long as you’re not the type to get offended by such things, like a sequel to Watchmen that doesn’t have the blessing of Alan Moore.

I’m now onto Brian K Vaughan’s We Stand on Guard. 22nd century and USA has invaded Canada. It’s about Canadian rebels/freedom fighters. One issue in and we’ve had references to Tim’s, the CBC, two-fours, determining friend from foe by quizzing them on the last Stanley cup winner, superman being Canadian. I may have even missed a few. Vaughan squeezes in a lot of canadiana. I’ve probably missed a Hip reference or two already.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 04-17-2022 at 05:53 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote