View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 05:14 PM   #329
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just imagine how good Gaudreau would be if he was the fittest Flame.

Look what it's done for Gio.

As amazing as his skill is, imagine if he had any other top tier attribute other than skill/hockey sense?

If gaudreau was the fittest Flame would he easily break 100 points? I think so.

When I watch him I can't help but wonder, what if he wasn't just quick, but also fast? He doesn't need to be a horse like St. Louis, I mean like basically every other small guy in the league.

What if he was built like Viktor Arvidsson? Same height, 10-15 lbs stronger. 40 goals? 50?

I just don't see him as all that competitive as a person if he has yet to commit to being a top player. His inward frustration is not manifesting itself in that way. It's very 'me first'.

Gio, backlund, hamonic, Tkachuk, those guys have compete. Iggy had compete. He got after it away from the ice, and when the game changed and what he had been doing wasn't working anymore, he changed that up.

I like gaudreau a lot but that's the quality that's separating him from being a Kucherov/Kane/ovechkin level game changer.

If his trend line continues I think once his career is over you'll be able to look and say in his best seasons he was a top 10 or top 5 winger in the league. But I think that's too bad, because I think his talent says he could be league mvp in his peak years if he really was committed to being that player.

If you've got him on your team in that year yout
R heading to the cup final. IMO, that's his potential. Paul Kariya.

I'm not trying to evangelize in a post game thread, but it's not about sending him some message or having him watch to figure things out, it's a holistic issue.

You play him 20 minutes a might because he's so freaking good that even at 50% he's one of your top 3-5 guys, and you hope and pray he's going on that night. But man, wouldn't it be something if the guy came into camp one year and beat out the captain on the fitness testing.

What if when he's awarded a penalty shot after a breakaway, in the playoffs, he's not absolutely exhausted ?

Last edited by Flash Walken; 11-11-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post: