View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 11:19 AM   #7667
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Therein lies the problem. Neither side is rational. We have to hope the Generals on the American side have a little more nutsack than their NK counterparts and can pry the football from President Comacho's hands.
If I remember right there is still a voting system for the American's nuclear launch system.

The president can't launch without confirmation from another person that I believe had to have been appointed by Congress.

So for example under the two man rule, Trump would authorize the release of nuclear weapons and his secretary of defense has to verify the code. He can't veto it, but the launch order is suspended if the president's order isn't supported.

As well iirc the vice president in combination with congressional leadership can actually veto a presidential launch order.

So Pressident Comacho (love that term) just can't jam his finger on the firing switch and unleash hell.

I believe James Mattis is still the Secretary of Defense and I don't believe that he would back a nuclear launch order for no good reason.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!