View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 03:02 PM   #14
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started on the Flames.com boards as well (not being much for internet chat forums, I didn't know any better).

CP and hfboards would get mentioned there, so I checked them both out. hfboards was deplorable (worse than flames.com IMO). CP was better, and I liked that there was so much more discussion (a thread on flames.com would have 20 posts and the same thread on CP would have 200), so I started reading CP more and more, as a lurker.

However, this was 2010-2012 and it seemed like every other thread turned into a fight about Iginla, and all the people that wanted him traded would thank each other's posts, while all the people that didn't, would thank those posts. Really annoying.

Then the lockout came in 2012. And that is when I first saw how much better CP was, with so much more insight and in-depth discussion, on every topic that wasn't Iginla.

Haven't looked back.

Took me a while to discover the off-topic forum, and I don't go there a lot (too time consuming). But when there is something going on that I want to read about, that is the first place I go.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote