View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #126
RogerWilco
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotnothing View Post
Personally, if a neighbourhood kid had a ball drop into my yard and hopped the fence to get it, I'd have no issue with that. The statement "it's unacceptable" doesn't apply to everyone. Don't get me wrong it's fine you want kids to ask to enter your yard before getting their stuff. Just don't expect everyone to follow the same 'rules' as you.
You can do with your property or allow access to your property as you wish. I will qualify what I said before with it is unacceptable to assume that your neighbor is ok with it before asking.

I will also qualify this by letting everyone know that the reason I feel strongly about this is that our neighbor kids have Broken multiple things in our back yard both with flying balls and climbing over the fence. So I have a bit of a strong view on this. There was a time when it would not have bothered me. And even after all of this I will still go retrieve balls from our yard when they knock of the door, I wouldn't keep their balls.

The point is you can not assume that it is OK before asking. And just because you are OK with it doesn't mean other people are, it is not your property.

Last edited by RogerWilco; 07-10-2020 at 12:05 PM.
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RogerWilco For This Useful Post: