View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #1389
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
This thread is so big I think I'll just ask fresh. I need purchasing a 4k TV explained to me like I'm five. I want to pick something up on sale at some point, but I want to get the best bang for my buck with a great picture.

My uses: Gaming, TV, 4k sports, 4k Netflix

What I'd like to know: Which features to make sure I get and explain them briefly - 60hz vs 120 hz, OLED (lights every pixel or something?) etc

Would like to spend like $900-$1300 on sale (willing to wait) so probably looking at $1100-$1600 in current price. Would prefer 65inch but would be good with 60-75 for the right TV/deal.
I've been looking a bit and am in the same boat. Good point that it will only look as good as your source. It won't make streaming video better. Same goes for 120 hz. That means it can process 120 frames per second. But ps4s tap out at 60, and a lot of movies 30. There's a lot of jargon now like 'true motion' which maybe does some work in the background.

As far as I know OLED offers the best black contrast in addition to best viewing angles. Out of my price range though (or willingness to pay). Still window shopping!

Last edited by calumniate; 01-21-2019 at 11:33 PM.
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post: