View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #1381
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Yeah, the Vizio 5.1 set is definitely a value buy, but I also feel that this 5.1 sound bar punches significantly above its weight class in terms of pricing.

If the sound is a little funky, I definitely suggest looking up some of the settings suggestions online to tweak that sound bar system to see if you can iron out some of the most obvious sound oddities (if you get them). Easiest is to just reset all settings to default or factory settings. I did the same thing with my set after being stupid and dealing with weird muffled voices for a while. Adjusting basic settings didn't work, but resetting everything to default did. That and playing with some of the TV/PS4 etc settings like PCM vs Surround sound options.

Apparently there are also settings that can cause the following:
- Minor crackling noise (change to direct input setting)
- Excessive bass (bass setting or reset to factory settings)

IMO, this sound bar is really good akin to finishing a hand of poker with triple jacks. It's a strong hand, there's a ton of options out there that are superior to that hand, but to beat it, you're likely relying on a 5 card combo to defeat it.
I haven't tried too hard... But I have no idea how to change the settings on system haha.

I undersold it there after using it more now. It was defintely well worth the $200.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote