View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 08:44 AM   #78
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Already a subscriber and will almost certainly re-up when my subscription comes due. Love the more in depth analysis pieces from guys like Bourne and Dellow, especially how Bourne uses video to illustrate his points. Also read everything Eric D writes, just great story-telling.

Things that I'm looking for from The Athletic moving forward:
  • More day-to-day type updates on the Flames (injury updates, prospect pieces, etc.)
  • Better organization of non-major leagues on the website. I love that there is coverage of things like the Canadian national soccer teams, the CPL, the CFL and women's hockey but finding those articles on the site is very tough (most end up under the Toronto section). I even came across a golf writer at one point, but no idea where his stories are located.
  • Darren Haynes - however much he can give with his schedule, he's worth having.
  • Behind the scenes stories of Flames history such as how certain trades/signings/draft picks came together or just pieces on how former Flames remember their teammates (like what was done when Loob was hired)
  • Elston - he posts new cartoons on occasion on Twitter and would be great content if he's interested
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote