View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 08:45 PM   #75
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the comments of his latest FF80F post, Haynes responded to someone posting the link to the job posting:

Quote:
Thanks for this. Firstly, I really appreciate the support. Truly. I’m part flattered, part overwhelmed. As for The Athletic, there are some great writers in Calgary, who I think would be great fits. For ‘classically trained’ journalists in this city, especially sports, there’s been a lot of bloodshed in recent years as newspapers merge, etc. Now could I be a great fit for The Athletic? I’d like to think so, but I’m also not sure full-time is the right fit for me given everything else I have on the go. Life away from the rink is really busy. But we’ll see how things unfold. Thanks again. One way or another, one place or another, I hope to continue writing pieces about the local hockey heroes and who knows, maybe they’ll even play into May sometime! Have a great weekend.
Link: http://www.flamesfrom80feet.ca/2018/...nally.html?m=1

Hope they can still come to some sort of arrangement; count me in as someone who would subscribe just to read his work (follow his Twitter feed in the meantime).

Alternatively, is there some way he could leverage CP’s platform? I admittedly know very little about the whole process but I know his work is very well received here...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post: