View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 10:20 AM   #637
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

As somebody that stares at, calibrates, tests and evaluates monitors on the regular there is no better picture than the LG OLED line which is currently the C2/G2 line. The biggest issue with these is banding and roll offs (drop offs more like it) in the blacks. But these are issues inherent in all OLED and big screen TV's in general. For contrast and accurate colour nothing beats the LG OLEDs. If you have the cash and want a great picture you buy those.

With that said I have a 65" TCL series 6 I got on sale for $900. For that price nothing beats it. Honestly it is a great tv for that price and I have had zero issues with it. I also really like the Roku interface and find it better than Androids. But, you have to know it is a cheaper tv. I like it so much I am looking to buy another one or stepping down to the 5 to put in the basement. Still rocking a Panasonic plasma down there from like 2010.

If money is a concern HiSense and TCL are really good choices. But Sony, LG, Samsung and Panasonic all make great TVs. I might even say Panasonic's OLED is better than LGs but they are not available in Canada and more expensive while still using the same panel as LG (LG builds all WRGB OLED panels).
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote