View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 09:09 AM   #6680
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
If Trump loses do people expect that a Biden DOJ will launch/advance/re-open any investigations into Trump?

I guess I'm wondering if Biden will do what Obama was precieved to do did when he did not go after Bush administration

https://theintercept.com/2018/10/09/...dministration/

What does 'rule of law' mean when it's not consistently applied?

Quote:
Obama refused. “We need to look forward as opposed to looking backwards,” he said famously on January 11, 2009, days before he took office.

I'm not a far right guy, not a conspiracy theorist and consider myself pretty grounded politically, but I certainly didn't take Obama's proclamation of "looking forward, not backwards" at face value, and I felt that was reinforced through Obama's 8 years in office.

Again, please don't take that the wrong way (both sides, many sides), Obama was one of the best presidents that country has seen, and just an incredible human being, but the idea that Democrats and specifically Obama are against things like mass surveillance, and war profiteering is not correct. A lesser of two evils? Absolutely, but not even close to innocent or some sort of heroes that will swoop in and expose and cleanse all the wrongs of a Republican administration.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: