View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 01:39 PM   #64
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post

Anyway, I'm sure there are a lot of good police officers out there. But I think there are a lot more bad ones than anyone in Law Enforcement is willing to admit. And with these recent claims being made by the women in CPS, it sounds far more widespread than anyone thought.
This is a good point. I have a relative who is a cop, and am friends with about 4 others. The stories I hear from them are mind boggling. My relative's ex-partner was a complete ###### I was told. He's been suspended 4 times for misconduct and is let back on the force every time. I'm told he's ''not the kind of guy you want to cross''. Not exactly the kind of person the public wants walking around with a hand gun and in a position of authority. My relative brought his actions to his supervisor and what happened? Relative was relegated to desk duty for 6 months. He just got back out on patrol duty last month. True story.

I've seen pictures of police who have raided houses with illegal weapons (chain maces, assault rifles, katanas etc) and the officers took photos on their own smart phones of other officers doing ninja poses with the swords and Braveheart poses with these big chain maces. I've seen these photos myself. Is doing something like that with these confiscated weapons illegal? I have no idea. But it's not really professional if you ask me and I don't think the public would approve if these pictures were released.

My own interactions with police have been mixed. Most times it's decent. I've had police come to my door looking for a friend and they were pretty polite. But I've had ####### cops too. One cop in particular caught me and my friend smoking a joint about 5 years ago as we were walking to the convenience store. He handcuffed us and searched us. I get it, he busted us and it's part of protocol.

He then made my friend stand with no shoes on the road itself while he searched his jacket. Found a roach in my friends pocket and started getting in our faces about it. His attitude was entirely unnecessary and aggressive. So much so that the person who's property we were on actually came out and asked the cop why he was belittling us so bad. The cop then flipped out on him and screamed at him to get inside ''or he was next''. Completely inappropriate.

Pylon is right, this issue is much more widespread then is being released. This is only what's been reported and made the papers. I have absolutely no doubt that it's a much bigger issue. Everyone like to trot out the "99.9% of cops are good ones", but I honestly think that number is way less. Of the ~1800 officers on the street, are we to believe that only 18 or so are responsible for all the bad stuff we hear? BS. It's a much bigger issue, and really we've only heard the tip of the iceberg.

And a huge shoutout to the cops who are brave enough to come forward. I hope the media does a followup story on them to see just how their careers were affected by coming forward. The brotherhood mentality most definitely does exist for CPS. The phrase '' we look out for our own'' means we cover for our partners when we need to and don't rat each other out.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 10-31-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: