View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #2552
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1117097094441885698

https://twitter.com/user/status/1117460478718955527

Edit missed posting the second tweet from VK

So beyond the economic factors for the NDP, I'm very much disturbed by the link to foreign funding and the NDP campaign that also reaches to appointees by Notley who had received a lot of money from Tides USA.

Notley can talk about the disturbing allegations against Kenney, and I'm also very disturbed by them, but I have to say that this is very much as bad if Notley is benefiting from opponents to the Alberta Energy Sector in terms of campaigning and in terms of people within her own government receiving support from anti-oilsands groups.

This whole election is about what seems to be reprehensible politicians.

I'm going to be happy to see Notley go on Tuesday, I don't think she was a good steward of the economy or taxpayer dollars. I thought that her level of "Fight" for pipelines was lacking and in complete, and now the links to groups like Leadnow, progress, and the appointing of people like Brian Topps and Berman, as well as her silence on Bill C-69 and C-48 until pretty much halfway through the campaign, makes me feel that the best thing for the province is to move on from her and the NDP.

I'm not wild about Kenney either, and think some of his ideas are deeply flawed and probably won't do anything be cause splits in the relationship between Alberta and Ottawa, however I'm firmly convinced that those splits are going to happen no matter what, especially if Justin Trudeau gets another mandate in October.

I haven't seen enough from the Alberta Party, to me they've been a bit flaccid in an election that they needed to show some strength and reach, I think that Mandal was a horrible choice for party leader, and he needs to be replaced and a strong building program has to happen for that party as they struggle from going from an after thought or fringe party into a party that could be a threat to power.

The Liberal Party, yeah its great that they have a leader who's a former astronaut, Oilfield worker, constitutional lawyer who flew F-4's during Desert Storm, but he's just a political non entity.

This is an election without choices, where you almost need to spin a price is right style wheel to make your choice.

All I can hope is that as many Albertan's go out and check a box no matter what their beliefs are. This is your only opportunity to really stand up and be heard and have an effect on things. You might think you don't but you do.

So if you want to protest vote, please protest vote
If you want to vote based on your local MLA, that's awesome
If you want to strategically vote, at least your voting.
But don't sit at home and not vote and then complain about the government and its actions afterwords.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 04-14-2019 at 05:06 PM.