View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 07:30 AM   #61
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I find it funny that there's so much pushback against criticizing Sigalet.

Is a goaltending coach really that different from for example a powerplay coach? Fans judge them all the time based on results, yet I don't see all this "how qualified are you to judge anyway".
A power play coach is actually drawing up the scheme, set-up, etc while a goaltender coach is more advisory looking over tape and suggesting tweaks, helping get them mentally prepared. If the power play stinks for a long duration you can point to the power play coach not making adjustments and having bad schemes but if the goaltending stinks you have to consider the maybe he's just not that good. My issue of course is that almost every goaltender Treliving has brought in has played worse for the Flames than their career norm which points to the issues being deeper than just the goaltenders. It's hard on the outside to find much in the way of positive input he's added to any Flames goaltenders since his arrival seeing they almost all perform worse than their career average for the team. Again he's not THE problem but to me at least he hasn't been part of the solution and IMO that's indisputable as we have seen a lot of goaltenders games improve under the tutelage of goaltending coaches. That's not happening here at all and if he can't assist them to play better I have to question why he still has his job as like everything else in professional sports his job should be results based.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-14-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: