View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 03:23 PM   #288
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
Canada should stay as far away from the eu as possible barring a few trade deals.

Let’s put ourselves in Britains shoes for a moment:

If Canada was hypothetically part of the eu starting tomorrow, Canadians would be ok with whatever policies the eu wishes to impose upon us? I sure wouldn’t. Why would anybody want some dimwit in Brussels who we never elected making decisions on what policies are best for my country? While they are making policies that we here in Canada have to live by, we send them billions of dollars because we are a “have” country. Who in their right mind would ever go for that?

Canada has never needed the eu and i don’t believe Britains do either. If they came together as a nation during ww2 and succeeded they can deal with Brexit.

Then again maybe the eu making decisions for Canada wouldn’t be too bad. Brussels wouldn’t do a worse job than the current liberals.
So let me get this straight.... It's ok to have to send money to Edmonton or Ottawa and having elected officials create policy, but if you were hypothetically in the EU and had to do the same with people in Brussels, its suddenly a problem???

If Alberta was hypothetically part of Canada starting tomorrow, Albertans would be ok with whatever policies Canada wishes to impose upon us? I sure wouldn’t. Why would anybody want some dimwit in Ottawa who we never elected making decisions on what policies are best for my province? While they are making policies that we here in Alberta have to live by, we send them billions of dollars because we are a “have” province. Who in their right mind would ever go for that?

If Calgary was hypothetically part of Alberta starting tomorrow, Calgarians would be ok with whatever policies the province wishes to impose upon us? I sure wouldn’t. Why would anybody want some dimwit in Edmonton who we never elected making decisions on what policies are best for my city? While they are making policies that we here in Alberta have to live by, we send them billions of dollars because we are a “have” city. Who in their right mind would ever go for that?
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post: