View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
shane_c
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Tips for making connecting flight

We were initially booked on a direct flight from Iceland to Halifax (4.5 hrs). But that's not going to happen anymore because Icelandair decided they're not going to fly in or out of Halifax this year.

So then they rebooked us to fly Iceland to Toronto with a 2.5 hr layover and then put us on a WestJet flight to Halifax. Then they cancelled our seats for this route, telling me it's no longer available even though I was confirmed and rebooked us to fly back to Halifax via Vancouver!!!! WTF. They continue to tell me that going through Toronto is no longer available, even though it's still on their website at a higher price than I paid. Seems to me they are just bumping me so they can get a higher fare from someone else.

After much arguing with them to go look at a map and that I want the Toronto flights I previously agreed to and was confirmed on they now have me flying Iceland to Montreal. Putting me on a Porter flight from Montreal to Halifax (the last Porter flight that evening and they refuse to put me on AC or WJ). The problem is that there is only 1.5 hrs between arrival in Montreal and departure to Halifax.

Do you think it's possible to make this connection? I've never been through customs so don't know how long that takes. I was thinking once that's done I would have my partner go get the Porter boarding passes while I wait for the luggage to come off the plane. Then we'd have to check our bags and get back through security. I've very doubtful though we'll make the flight and will end up having to spend the night at the airport and try to get a flight the next day.

This whole Icelandair experience has been miserable. It's been one issue after another and their customer service has been worse than any other company I have ever dealt with (by far). I have spent about 15 hrs on the phone with them the last few weeks. They have no idea what's going on, get emails my flights are cancelled, call them and they say they're not, or I show online I'm confirmed and they tell me it's cancelled, tell me I'm on one flight, send me itinerary and it's different flights. The whole thing has been extremely frustrating, every time I call them I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. I don't even want to go anymore.

shane_c is offline   Reply With Quote