View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 09:18 AM   #3585
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
The key now is if they can take that next step which is to leverage that asset base to be a contender, and not just for a very short window.
Yes. The temptation is now that we have stocked up some assets is to go out and move them to compete right away. I enjoyed the balls to the wall attitude of AA but the success was pretty short lived.

Can we build a team that is a consistently a contender? I think that requires a good amount of patience which is why I think its good that Shapiro has a longer term deal.

I get the frustration of missing out on big name signings and trades. I never loved the idea of raiding the farm/active roster for Lindor at this point in the team's development process. Atkins and Shapiro have an extra challenge this year in that the Jays are very likely going to be always on the road due to border restrictions so I think that added level of uncertainty has handcuffed a team that already needs to overpay to attract free agents.

I think the Jays are now an above .500 team as it stands. I hope that Guerrero being in better shape and a team that can hopefully avoid the injury bug will be even better than that. I really like Romano and I'd much prefer him to Hendriks on that ridiculous deal.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post: