View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #47
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
Agreed. I meant push back overall, not just defending against Mackinnon.
The most disappointing thing to me was that as soon as the Flames sensed that the series wasn't going to be easy, they essentially crumbled and it was over. I think that's why the fans have had such a tough time with this loss. Its not the loss itself but the way it happened.

I've been saying since the Flames lost that the Avs would be out in round 2. They put up a good fight but they just aren't that deep of a team. The fact that they steamrolled the Flames easily is still mystifying.
Funny enough, watching the Avs last night you could feel that they just condensed that same thing into 2 periods. As soon as Mac went down the season was over and pushback was in little fits. That 2-2 goal came out of nowhere and would have been an interesting opportunity to reset. Alas, they got that huge off-side advantage

It just really is wanting it more, as much as I agree NHLers all want it to a certain degree to even be there. Girard and Kale dictating play for good parts of that series showed that physical dominance shouldn't be an unanswerable attribute. And Colorado had no business making that a series in the first place. But they did... and gave the Sharks more than the Flames gave them.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote