View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #546
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Oiler fans love this guy. I just don't get it. I was always uneasy with guys like Simon, Marchment, and Bertuzzi on the team. Even when Simon had that run in 2004 I wouldn't say that I was exactly "comfortable" having that guy in red.
I would agree, the thing is with guys like Simon and Bertuzzi that physical element wasnt their primary role anymore and they had skill and hands and could contribute. They could bring grit and use their size to hold the puck and make plays and contribute decent minutes.

You didnt expect or want them to release that 'unhinged' element of their games and for the most part thats what you got.

Marchment was a crazy person though. Wasnt a fan of that experiment at all.

And I liken this back to an article written by an Edmonton 'journalist' back after the initial Tkachuk incident regarding Kassian when they were looking at an extension...they analyzed his production with and without McDavid and its insane. With McDavid his production level is about 2nd or 3rd line winger, without him hes NHL 'replacement' level.

So....sign him up?

On McDavid's wing if you need Kassian's level of production the analysis suggests that you could plug in basically anything with a pulse and get the same result, so Kassian has to bring something else to the equation.

Well guess what ladies and gentlemen.....this is it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote