View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #772
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want to see this:

Gaudreau/Monahan/Bennett

Compared to Lindholm and Jankowski, Bennett is the least effective centre of that group, move him to the wing. Bennett is most effective when he is let loose, less defensive responsibility is better for him. Bennett will also provide some protection for Gaudreau on that line that Ferland provided. Bennett is getting a reputation as a tough customer in the league and you need that element with Gaudreau. We also have seen some flashes of chemistry between Gaudreau and Bennett.

Tkachuk/Lindholm/ UFA signing or Lazar or Foo

Lindholm has expressed his desire to play centre over wing, he's good on faceoffs, is the classic Swedish two way centremen, I hope Peters doesn't get too stubborn here with his preference for Lindholm on the wing. Lindholm also has the best faceoff percentage of all the Flames centres. Tkachuk needs to play with more offensive players. I think he and Lindholm will be great at cycling the puck. There’s a bit of a hole on the right side and might need a veteran signing but it’s pretty bleak for scoring RWers. I personally think Foo will be a good fit but it’s hard to know with young players. Lazar is kind of the default if the other two options don’t turn out. The alternative to this is Lindholm at RW with Jankowski at centre.

Frolik/Backlund/Browuer or Shore or Lazar

If they don’t buy out Brouwer, put him here. Backlund and Frolik are so good together, it doesn’t matter who they put with him; they are use to playing shorthanded anyways so it’s not much difference. Brouwer can at least provide some size to this line if needed. Ideally, they get rid of Brouwer and have Shore or Lazar here instead. This is the shutdown line.

Mangiapane/Jankowksi/Hathaway

I don’t want them to run a plug fourth line. Put a scoring kid line out there instead. These 3 showed great chemistry in the AHL last year. Let them run together here. In close tight games, you can cut their icetime back. Jankowski and Mangiapane can also get some PP time, and Jankowski and Hathaway can get some PK time. If they have Jankowski with Tkachuk and Lindholm, then this line kind of comes apart. Shore centres Lazar and Hathaway for an energy line and Mangiapane marinates a bit more in the AHL.

As for the defense, the top 4 are set, Kulak and Andersson rotate in and out and Stone is the constant. Stone plays right side with Kulak and left side with Andersson.

I think the Flames actually need a 1B in goal. Smith will get injured and I don't know that Rittich and Gillies are ready to carry a number one load when that happens. I wouldn't mind Lehner at the right price, but Hutton seems to be the popular choice of posters here. The Avs just acquired Grubauer and Bernier was decent for them last year, that might be an option.

Last edited by 868904; 06-24-2018 at 11:49 AM.
868904 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 868904 For This Useful Post: