View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #761
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I know all the talk is about putting Lindholm on the top line, and they will no doubt give that a try, but I can't help thinking that he would be a fantastic match for Backlund.

I know that Backlund/Frolik has been a pair for a couple years, but one has to wonder if Frolik's play will start to fade. Also, as great as the line has been, I think the team really needs to get Tkachuk onto a separate line in order to spread out the offense.

So what I am thinking is:

Gaudreau - Monahan - UFA
Bennett - Jankowski - Tkachuk
Mangiapane/Dube - Backlund - Lindholm
Frolik - Shore - Lazar

I've kind of had the same designs. It's not that I don't think Frolik can't play top 9, but he's exactly the kind of guy you want on your fourth line kind of pulling their play up. He had success on Chicago's fourth line and they won a cup that year, so it's not even unprecedented.

Lineupwise, I suppose what I'd be looking at would be similar to you, but I would be thinking:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Mangiapane

Eatbread'd have to learn RW on the fly, but he's definitely one of the few guys we can expect to pick up as a sniper where Ferland left off.

Lindholm-Backlund-Jankowski

Two pass first guys and a guy who can really wire it in Jankowski. All solid two-way players. All guys who can take draws in the defensive zone without embarassing themselves and fluidly rotate center responsibilities based on situation. I have Lindholm and Janko on their off wings to get a few one-timers off.

Tkachuk-Bennett-Czarnik

It seems most disagree with me but I've seen more I like about Bennett's game at center than I have about his partner in crime last year, although I'm still a huge fan of Jankowski I think Bennett has more to offer there. Czarnik is the kind of UFA that could really break out as a star forward with the right linemates and Tkachuk of course is Tkachuk.

Frolik-Shore-Foo/Lazar/Brouwer

Frolik and Shore carry the RW who is playing the best hockey.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 06-24-2018 at 12:32 AM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote