View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #2032
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You guys are both forgetting about the 'World Cup Bump.'

If Salah has an amazing WC this summer then all bets are off.

I hope he loves being at Liverpool and stays though. Look at it right now, we're at the same stage of the CL as Real.

Its going to be really interesting seeing him play against Roma today, who thought he'd be playing against the team he was bought from in the CL Semis?
Does that really matter? I'm not just being facetious here, because when we beat Real in the group stages it didn't do much to quiet that kind of talk. If anything it just increased the prognostication. Suddenly Kane was showcasing himself and right in front of RM (because you know, they had no idea who he was until then )

Maybe the silver lining is that Kane and Spurs were so bad this weekend. He couldn't score and was in Smallings pocket, so RM won't be interested. And Poch hasn't won silverware, so they won't be interested in him either.

Unfortunately, for basically everyone, if RM has their sights set on a player it's nearly impossible to resist selling. I think it can be prolonged, and you might be able to holdout, but when the offers are astronomical the clubs just want that cash.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote