View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #1480
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Deckbuilders like Dominion can be pretty hit or miss, honestly. I think the next step game after those that I'd recommend is Power Grid, then Great Western Trail. Both are games that you get the hang of fairly quickly, but have immense potential for getting truly good at if you play them a lot.

Pandemic is a co-op. If you wanted to get into co-op stuff, no one creates an atmosphere like Fantasy Flight. Eldritch Horror is up there among my favourites in that genre - easy to learn, extremely hard to win at (though you can customize the difficulty to make it much easier if you like), but everyone's in it together and the game feels epic.

Then there's the worker placement genre which you haven't really hit on yet - Lords of Waterdeep is a popular option there.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
GGG