View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 10:37 PM   #1044
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
These RFAs need to understand that the only team beholden to the dumbassery of Kyle Dubas is the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Sebastian Aho as a 22 year old #1C got 5/$42.5. On an offersheet no less.

Tkachuk isn't a #1C. He's very good and he's going to get paid, the money he's actually going to get only goes down from here. There is no pressure on the team to sign him - this is still a playoff team without Matthew Tkachuk. He's not missing a year of service time when he could have $56M guaranteed or whatever.

This is a negotiation. If I'm betting on a side that blinks first, it won't be the one with Brad Treliving on it. He got Johnny done, he'll get this done.
Yeah. Wait for the these rfas to come out of their 'dumbass dubas' fever and be a bit more malleable on their position. Maybe all these gms holding out can help readjust the standard that the stinkin' leafs put out of whack.

I do think it's insane that players that still haven't filled out their potential can command 10 mil now. I think that's bonkers and too much of a jump to happen merely two to three years after the same caliber of players were commanding 6-7.

Enjoy your popcorn kids.