View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 11:27 AM   #7
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I was with you until you used CLS instead of HOME to clear the screen. You must have been a Commodore guy, not an Apple guy. And I was starting to like you

This sent me down memory lane a little - the computer in Wargames was an IMSAI microcomputer that ran CP/M. Looking for what the clear screen command would have been for that computer, I found that there are a few different BASIC interpreters available for CP/M. At the end of the the link is a brief description of the Super Star Trek game. I remember finding the listing for this game somewhere, and reading through it. It was one of the games that sparked my love for programming - the text-based map display blew me away.
I was a Commodore guy, I started with the 64, and then moved to the 128 and learned CP/M to go with basic. Then moved onto the Amiga. When I got the Amiga, I found a C compiler and learned C, it was amazing what you could do graphically and sound wise on an Amiga with C. I also found a Pascal and a Prolog compiler for the Amiga. Prolog was such a pain in the butt, but if you figured out decision tree's and decision logic, you could make some very cool apps.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote