View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 10:19 AM   #27
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I can get the JBL in 7 days if he hasn't sold it for about 200 CAD, which is very likely since these kinds of items don't sell well in Iceland. People here are obsessed with the idea of minimalist TV and soundbar crap, if you see speakers here in Iceland with home theater in Iceland its pretty rare. Stupid hipsters
I think that's a good price for the power that amp has. Just make sure you are able to audition it. If he doesn't have the manual, you can download it.

I looked at a picture of the back panel and just note that the inputs are XLR terminals. What this means is that you will need an RCA to XLR cable. These aren't expensive. Your local musical instrument store should carry them. If not, Amazon UK.

I briefly read the manual and you can set the amp to Dual Mono mode which means that you only need one input signal (from SUB1 into A). Connect your speakers to A and B. Please confirm with the manual, though, because I'm going off of memory from last night.

That amp is 35 kg by the way - 300W into 8 ohms stereo. Your neighbors will think Hekla is erupting when you get that amp connected to the subs.

I thought the hipsters were all for the vintage stereo gear?
The Following User Says Thank You to Baron von Kriterium For This Useful Post: