Orange
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burning_acid1 View Post
IMO, the largest cons and the reasons why I stopped taking transit were:

1.) Too time-consuming
2.) It was too crowded and wet/muddy in the winters
While it would fall under 1, I suppose, the delays the trains have seem to be only getting worse. During University I took the train on average probably 5 times a week for 3 years. The first 2 years were out of necessity really so I got used to it and by the 3 year, despite having a car, I decided just to take it as much as I could, save cost, better for the environment etc. but they implemented the parking fee so to save money I had to take the bus only adding to the commute time.

But this year I took the train 5 times and had 4 delays and said enough was enough. One of the delays was due to an accident downtown, so I realize there's nothing they can really do about that, but because I was on the train that was downtown when the accident occured (not the train involved) we had to wait for 15 minutes before getting to a platform and when we did there wasn't a shuttle bus set up as they shut down the downtown leg or whatever so I just walked and that was like maybe a 45 minute walk, nice day out at least, but took around 3 hours to get home. The other delays were just technical difficulites, that delayed the c-train that varied between 30 minutes and upwards to an hour.

I'm still going to have take transit as I try to carpool as much as possible (stupid parking increases at the U ) but I'm going to be actively trying to avoid the c-train as much as I can.

Last edited by Orange; 10-12-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote