Thread: 2018 World Cup
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #3080
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Was at work all day but wow what a tournament by Croatia, a very mentally strong team. England will never get a path to the final that easy again, huge missed opportunity for them. I thought Harry Kane, Lingard, and Ali became very ineffective once Croatia settled down and had very mediacore performances in the knockout round. Tough pill to swallow. England seem to consistently fold under pressure, I see similar traits to how they respond with adversity to how the last few generations of Brazilians have as well. So much pressure put on these guys from the media and when they start feeling it the system breaks down. One shot on target in 120 minutes is just really bad and given the talent on the team it’s inexusable.

Edit: Also, Modric for Ballon D’or. No one deserves it more
If it wasnt for Penalties they'd never have gotten this far.

Their path to the final was a gift, but as soon as it got hard they stumbled in typical England fashion.

I thought it was interesting that the commentators were lamenting England's exhaustion to get to this point and how hard they worked and the minutes and etc, etc.

Despite the fact that Croatia played longer games and more minutes. But no, the English were hard done by because they got the easiest path to the finals in decades.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote