View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:33 AM   #49
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I - and most of the posters on this site - have no clue how much Iginla has left in the tank or not.

Remember when Selanne took a year off and came back? Totally reinvigorated. Selanne was 33, and in the last season before the lockout he played 78 games, scored 16 goals and 32 points. He was slow, his body was tired... the lockout came and Selanne opted to just rest his body and see what happens. At the age of 35, he came back and scored 40 goals and 50 assists in a full 82 games. Not saying you can expect that out of Iginla of course, but fixing a nagging injury and letting his body rest may have done him some good. We all know he trains exceptionally hard and is one of the fittest guys in the NHL. Who knows?

Or maybe he is absolutely done and is no longer NHL caliber.

I think it is either a PTO this year, or a late-season signing if a return to the NHL happens, probably to a team that wants to shore-up some toughness, depth and leadership. If not, then I expect a late-season one day signing in Calgary to send him off properly.

And yes, I do think that if the Flames do it right - which I think they would - there would be tears in the stands and on the ice that night.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote