View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been thinking about making a thread like this for months. A few things I want to get off my chest.

1. The number 1 should be available for skaters. It will surprise many of you to know that a goaltender has not won the Stanley Cup wearing #1 since 1976. Even goalies don't wear it much anymore. I saw a pitcher for the Rockies wearing 0 the other day - in the playoffs. #Free1

2. I don't believe you can win a Stanley Cup with a crap player wearing 19. Especially if the other team has a great 19 on their side. I've never been as thrilled about a number selection as I was Matthew Tkachuk's. Without looking it up, these are the guys I remember wearing 19 for the Flames since I've been paying attention:

Saprykin - the best 19 they've had until now which says a lot.

Kobasew - sure.

Wayne Primeau - wished you were Keith. Even with the concussions.

Jamal Mayers - *urge to kill building*

Blair Jones - I always liked him. But you ain't winning #### with Blair Jones as your 19.

David Jones - it's like the Flames thought 'we have all these unsold Blair Jones 19s laying around... David, don't ask questions, you're 19 now.'

Christ no wonder we've been irrelevant.

3. 97 is a stupid number. It looked stupid on Roenick, it looked stupid on Klesla, it looks stupid on every defensive tackle in the NFL, and it looks stupid on McDavid. Ohhh was it the year he was born? That's embarrassing, did your mom make you do that?

That's all for now.