View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Minors:

I want to see Phillips and Gawdin in the minors for a year to prove their AHL scoring
Dube may be ready but I’d rather him have a few months or a full season in the minors as opposed to getting the rare shift
Lomberg was so bad last year I wouldn’t consider him again
Robinson is a career AHLer and that’s what he was signed for
Potential extra forwards but most likely minors:

Peluso essentially replaces Glass. I expect him to play a few games but really don’t want him to, because he’s an old school goon and they can’t survive in the nhl anymore
Graovac has had decent AHL production and I don’t think he was that bad in his 52 games with the wild in 16-17, but there’s not much to him. Most likely a solid AHL Guy
Quine is a darkhorse. I believe isles fans saw something in him and he is pretty fast but again, hasn’t been in the system for long and probably starts the year in the AHL and stays there, being a good contributor

To me we have these guys fighting for 3 spots (12th Guy and 2 extras): Hathaway, Lazar, Foo, Mangiapane, Klimchuk, Rychel

To me klimchuk and Rychel are in the same boat, they were 1st round picks in 2013 and no longer have a high ceiling, but they do have the potential to be quality depth guys. I wouldn’t mind seeing them on the team but my guess is, is that they need to have really good camps to make it and are a victim of the numbers Game

Lazar and Hathaway are in the same boat, and i believe they most likely make this team, as the 2 extra guys. They can sometimes provide energy but other times are non factors and even sometimes bring the team down. They do have their games though, where they provide speed (Lazar) and physicality (Hathaway) and maybe sitting in the press box often will motivate them to bring that.

Mangiapane and Foo are in the same boat and they are most likely fighting for the 12th spot, and one will make the team and the other won’t. They both are skilled and can score and can really help the team out, but due to their potential you don’t want them sitting in the press box often.

My guess on what the flames will do is

12th forward- Spencer Foo
Extras- Curtis Lazar, Garnet Hathaway
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post: