View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 09:13 AM   #50
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to read about some grassroots sports or just reviews/walkthroughs of local sporting activities. Pro sports have their place but it would make a subscription more interesting if, for instance, there were a random article interspersed about mountain-biking for beginners, or even just an article about when sign-ups for entering kids into soccer are. You know, things you'd otherwise have to look up, just being presented to you on your phone at the right time, the way the pro sports articles are.

This town needs to grow its grassroots team sports too, I strongly believe that, and more coverage would be a great first step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
Another thing I think would be interesting is to hire someone who has actually worked as a video coach in the NHL to write articles that break down the last game on a very technical basis. Really get into a few key plays and show where a player let their gap get too big which led to a seam opening up or their partner needing to move too far to cover up for th which then led to a breakdown, etc.

I’ve watched some of the World Cup post game analysis where they break down video and it’s really good. I’m not a big soccer fan, so they cover a lot of stuff I’m not really familiar with, but they do it in such a way that I learn a lot and it’s really interesting. Something similar for post game hockey analysis would be great. Or similar articles analysing power play/ penalty kill styles would also be good.
FWIW, Tyler Dellow has already been doing this to an extent for The Athletic.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote