View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
WilsonFourTwo
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default 6th and 10th Condo

Realtor 1 - Please let me know if this is not appropriate and needs changing.....

After many months of eager anticipation, Brad Lamb's "6th and 10th" Sales Center opened yesterday. I'm curious to know if anyone else attended, and if so, what the impressions were. I will say that I am not just a little disappointed, but actually VERY disappointed.

Location: The location (right beside the 10th street railroad tracks) is a bit iffy for me, but the central location is an understandable trade-off.

Floorplans: Tiny compared to some of the other buildings going up. The three sizes of 1BR are 534sqft, 482sqft, and 449sqft. There is a 2BR at 825sqft that I can see being popular though. Of the 8 non-penthouse floorplans, only 3 of them are particularly decent.

Finishes: A good job here, although some of the materials are patterned and will look dated within 5 years. Color schemes are pretty nice though and the materials appear solid. One thing that irks me though is that (almost) every bedroom in the building have semi-translucent sliding doors. It looks tacky and has a "You're trying too hard" feel.

Pricing: I think that the pricing (compared to existing projects) is a bit out to lunch, but most of the downtown/beltline condos are at this point. Units under 768sqft do not come with parking and stalls are $29,900 each and are only available to 1BR+Den Units. The extra $3,000 for a storage locker seems excessive.

I would rate this project as a C-

Pricing Examples (from the list)

6th Floor, North Face, 1BR, 449sqft: $210,900 (No parking)
5th Floor, Northwest Face, 1BR, 534sqft: $248,900 (No parking)
2nd Floor, West Face, 1BR + Den, 638sqft: $286,900 (Parking $29,900 extra)
3rd Floor, Southeast Face, 2BR, 770sqft: $369,900 (Incl Parking)
5th Floor, Northeast Face, 2BR, 825sqft: $404,900 (Incl Parking)